Neuro & Spine Surgery
Neurosurgery is a highly complex surgical branch which deals with the brain, spine and nerves. It requires a high level of surgical expertise. (as every neuron is important) State of the art equipment and years of experience backed by a good Intensive care unit and other specialty backup is essential to give an excellent outcome.
Common problems that a neurosurgeon deals with are head injury, spinal injury, brain tumors, spinal tumors, brain hemorrhage, hydrocephalous, nerve injuries or tumors, disc prolapse or herniation, spinal dislocation, unstable spine, congenital malformation like atlanto-axial dislocation, spinal dysraphism etc.
Advances in neuroanaesthesia, neurosurgical intensive care and neuro-imaging technology have played a significant role in the development of modern neurosurgery. These have not only decreased the mortality but also improved the functional outcome. The focus has now shifted to minimally invasive techniques to further decrease the mortality and morbidity associated with surgery. It is no longer enough to save life - preservation of all functions, good cosmesis, shorter hospital stay and avoiding pain and discomfort are equally important.
The most modern technology and equipment is provided to cover the entire range of neurological diseases.
Major procedures done at our hospital include:
- All brain tumors surgery and micro neurosurgery
- Skull base surgery
- Vascular procedure for AVM, aneurysm clipping and coiling backed by the state of art DSA suite
- Endoscopic surgeries for pituitary and intraventricular tumors and hydrocephalous - endoscopic third ventriculostomy
- Head injury, Spinal injury including Polytrauma patients
- Minimally Invasive Neurosurgery
- Spine surgery for spinal tumors ,Degenerative and Congenital spinal disorders
- Spinal instrumentation for Spinal listhesis /unstable spine
- Spinal cord stimulation for pain relief
- Percutaneous pedicle screw fixation
- Peripheral nerve injuries
- Traumatic nerve injuries
- Nerve tumors
- Nerve entrapments
- Procedures for pain relief like Nerve root blocks, Facet blocks